Auction Terms & Conditions 1) Live internet bidding is conducted through www.liveauctioneers.com or www.invaluable.com. Absentee internet bidding through our website at www.carlsengallery.com allows you to leave absentee bids but does not allow you to bid live while the auction is taking place.
2) Arrangements to bid online must be made in advance of the auction and will not be accepted the day of the auction.
3) A 20% Buyer's Premium will be added to all items purchased at the auction by phone, absentee or live. 25% premium in purchased by Live auctioneers or Invaluable. All items are also subject to any applicable state and local sales and use tax unless the purchaser presents a valid sales tax exemption certificate or the item is being shipped to an address outside of New York State
4) All items are sold "as is" - the auctioneer makes no warranties of any kind. Website descriptions provided do not include condition reports. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. Interested bidders are strongly encouraged to request a condition report on any lots upon which they intend to bid, prior to placing a bid. The time to determine authenticity, age, condition, etc. is prior to bidding, not after you have purchased the item. We do our best to provide accurate condition reports and age estimations, but this should not be viewed as a guarantee on any kind. All lots purchased during the auction are sold in 'as is' condition and should be considered 'final sale'.
Condition reports requested / received by phone or email are described to the best of our ability. We will not be held responsible for errors or omissions to condition reports provided
5) We reserve the right to withdraw any item before or at the sale and have no liability whatsoever.
6) We reserve the right to reject any bid. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be the purchaser. In the case of a disputed bid, the auctioneer will have sole discretion on determining the successful bidder.
7) Bidding will be in increments determined by the auctioneer. If you are a successful bidder, the bid will be acknowledged by the auctioneer.
8) If you are a successful bidder, payment is to be made immediately following the sale. Cash,checks in US dollars, traveler's checks, certified checks, Zelle & wire transfers are the only acceptable forms of payment. We DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS or PAYPAL AS PAYMENT FOR INTERNET BIDDERS
9) Removal of any and all items shall be at the expense, liability and risk of the Buyer. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to completely remove any article purchased by Buyer. All property must be removed from our premises by the Buyer at Buyer's expense not later than 15 calendar days following its sale, unless other arrangements have been agreed to by Carlsen Gallery Inc. Property not removed within the 15 calendar days of the auction date or of the alternative arrangement date agreed to will incur a $10.00 per day storage/handling fee which must be paid in full before the Buyer is permitted to remove the article. If any article is not removed by Buyer within 60 days of the date of the auction or of the alternative arrangement date agreed to, then the ownership of any such article reverts back to Carlsen Gallery Inc., the seller, for resale or disposal without refund or recourse to the Buyer. Property not removed shall be considered abandoned and no refunds shall be issued. By participating in this auction, you agree to these terms.
10) The internet live bidding registration is closed the evening prior to the auction.
11) Internet Bidding is conducted as a convenience and performed to the best of our ability but is not guaranteed.
12) By registering for a buyer number, you agree to the terms and conditions of sale.